Lulla doll imitates closeness with its soft natural touch and by playing a real-life recording of the breathing and heartbeat of a mother at rest. Lulla's aim is to help babies stabilize their own breathing and heartbeat, resulting in longer and better quality sleep as well as added security.
Lulla's unique patent pending design was inspired by research on kangaroo care, the effects of heartbeat and breathing sounds, and the effects that smell, sight and touch have on babies and small children.
- When the chest is pressed, Lulla plays a real-life recording of the breathing and heartbeat of a mother at rest. Her name is Gudrun, she is a dear friend, a mother of four and a Kundalini yoga teacher.
- Babies prefer to look at something that resembles a human face. The colors of the doll were chosen for the purpose of making the doll unisex and unirace.
- The outer layer is made from soft natural cotton. The filling is made from ultra fine microfiber that is hypoallergenic.
- The fabric of the doll can absorb smell from parents if they first keep it close to their skin before giving it to their child for extra feeling of security.
Clean and safe
- The doll is machine washable in warm water making it safer for small babies with underdeveloped immune and respiratory systems.
Nothing can replace loving human contact however, the Lulla Doll aims to be a close second best!
Three lovely mums from Iceland have created the Lulla Doll. Lulla is a sleep companion for preemies, babies, toddlers and beyond! Lulla has velcro straps to attach safely to a cot, until your little one is old enough to cuddle Lulla.
Lulla imitates closeness to a caregiver at rest, with its soft feel of natural cotton and soothing sounds of real-life breathing and heartbeat.
Lulla plays for 8 hours to provide comfort all night long. Lulla’s unique design is based on scientific research that shows how closeness, and especially the sounds of heartbeat and breathing can improve safety, sleep and well-being
♥ Babies fall asleep sooner and sleep longer
♥ Heartbeat and breathing stabilize
♥ Neurological development increases
♥ Increased well-being, lowered stress and less crying
We have just discovered that because Lulla was designed for night time use, Lulla plays on an 8 hour loop. When you turn Lulla off and then back on, Lulla is paused and not reset. Therefore, Lulla needs to play for the full 8 hours before the doll can play another 8 hours of continuous breathing and heartbeat.
For example, if your bubba sleeps for two hours during the day and Lulla is turned off, the next time Lulla is restarted she will play for 6 hours and then automatically switch off. Hope I haven’t confused anyone!
The Lulla Doll is unlike anything else on the market. Most white noise machines turn off at 30-45 minutes and do not provide that comfort and feeling of security which Lulla provides all night long. Used in the correct way, most mums are feeling much safer not using apps and iPads/mobile phones near their baby and in their nursery. The reviews have been amazing and although no sleep product is guaranteed, the success we have seen so far has been incredible.
The Lulla Doll comes with batteries for Demo purposes only … please change as soon as possible.
The Lulla doll operates on 2 X AAA batteries and the developers of Lulla highly recommend the use of rechargeable batteries. The battery life is approx 120 hours. Lulla will not function efficiently on generic brand batteries. Energiser and Duracell batteries are recommended.